If someone in your home uses approved life support equipment, please let us know.
We will need to notify your network distributor so they can keep you informed of any planned power outages.
What is life support?
Life support means any of the following equipment:
- An oxygen concentrator
- An intermittent peritoneal dialysis machine
- A kidney dialysis machine
- A chronic positive airways pressure respirator
- Crigler-Najjar syndrome phototherapy equipment
- A ventilator for life support
- Any other equipment that a registered medical practitioner certifies is required for life support for a person residing at the customer’s premises
You may also be eligible for concessions or rebates depending on which state you live in, the policy arrangements, and the type of life support equipment that you use. For more information about life support concessions, please view our concessions page.
National Meter Identifier (NMI)
The NMI is a unique 10 or 11 digit number used to identify every electricity network connection point in Australia. You can find your NMI on your electricity bill. Here are some examples: